JOB PURPOSE: Responsible for creating and maintaining enterprise level applications that meet the needs of the business community while ensuring scalability and high availability. In the creation of new or the maintenance of existing applications, the Senior Application Data Base Developer assists in the identification of business requirements, creation of functional designs, is responsible for creating technical designs, encoding the applications and working with difference types of Data Base architecture.
• Lead the overall technical direction for large highly complex projects including cross functional integration.
• Design, code, test, and troubleshoot application programs and/or system interfaces utilizing defined hardware, database, and programming technology
• Work with technical business analysts and developers to ensure understanding of application intent, data input, output requirements, and inclusion of internal checks and controls
• Write and maintain complex application documentation
• Analyze performance of applications / DB Queries and take action to correct deficiencies based upon consultation with users, other technical resources, and the Manager of Application Development
• Confer with technical business analysts and business community to gain an understanding of needed changes or modifications of existing applications
• Create logical and physical data models to meet the needs of the business community requirements
• Establish and enforce application coding standards through code reviews
• Have advanced technical knowledge across all types of data bases (oracle / sql server/ SAP HANA)
• Proactively identify and recommend system improvements
• Bachelor"s degree or equivalent required
• Minimum 10 years progressive application development and integration experience, supporting large complex applications.
• Experience using Web Services
• Advanced knowledge of SQL/ Informatica or other ETL against a relational database
• Advanced technical knowledge across all types of data bases (oracle / sql server/ SAP HANA)
• A strong business acumen with basic knowledge of Retail principles
• Clear and effective writing and technical documentation skills
• Advanced understanding of Object Oriented Programming practices
• Team oriented with strong interpersonal and communication skills
• Excellent prioritization skills with the ability to see a task to completion
• Good analytical/problem-solving skills