Truck Driver - Overnight Driver
Street Address :
250 EXECUTIVE DRIVE, STE 6
Product Service Center
Job ID :
Rent-A-Center is a company where we value our serving culture, our customers and all of our talented coworkers who have helped us get to where we are today.
Our commitment to service keeps us at the top of the rent-to-own industry and we"re looking for talented entry level and experienced drivers who share our passion for service to join us as we grow.
4 Day Work Weeks– Every Week
Home Every Week-End
Employee Discounts on Products
Medical/Rx/Dental/Vision/ Life Insurance
Paid Vacation and Sick Time
401K Savings Plan + Company Contributions
Clean, Professionally Maintained Equipment
Paid Hotel and Meals
Safely operate a commercial motor vehicle to transport merchandise to and from Rent-A-Center’s retail locations and distribution/repair centers.
- Must be capable of safely operating and maneuvering a CMV in narrow, heavy traffic and high density intercity areas.
- Practice “Product Respect” through proper load securement and handling of merchandise.
- Utilize planning skills to determine best route for travel.
- Safely operate straight truck within federal regulations and company policies.
- Follow all applicable city and state traffic laws.
- Maintain route activities and logbooks in compliance with all hours of service regulations.
- Ensure route documentation such as fuel purchases, mileage records, etc. required by state and federal regulations are maintained, correct and complete.
- Ensure that merchandise shipping documentation is accurate and complete.
- Develop and maintain professional and effective relationships with Rent-A-Center retail store coworkers.
- Inspect CMV for defects and safe operating condition before, during, and after each operation. Prepare a written inspection report for each CMV operated during each day; bring defects to the immediate attention of supervisors.
- Keep truck and associated equipment, clean and in good working order.
- Ability to operate CMV on route requiring overnight stays.
- Must be able to demonstrate ability to safely operate a CMV.
- Working knowledge of D.O.T. regulations.
- Excellent communication, written and organizational skills.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision.